Strategy 2015: Institutional Goals
Social, Ethical, and Environmental Responsibility: Build an institution that is socially, ethically, and environmentally responsible.
- Increase outreach into the poorest areas of our region and increase service to those who are traditionally underserved by higher education.
- Ensure that ethics and social justice concepts are incorporated into program curricula.
- Create opportunities to offer institutional expertise to help solve regional problems.
- Provide regional leadership and serve as a model for sustainable development, minimization of global warming emissions, and maintenance and improvement of environmental quality.
- Develop a comprehensive, institutional action plan to achieve climate neutrality and fulfill the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment.
- Become a model of sustainable construction and development, best land use practices, and best practices for storm water management that is consistent with the Illinois Sustainable University Compact.