Thank you for joining Sculpture, Wine & Dine 2022!
*All of this information should be in your inbox shortly*
Sculpture, Wine & Dine 2022
We are excited to announce that Sculpture, Wine & Dine will take place across the lake this year! In the field surrounding Stargazing with Contrails, we will present the cocktail reception, dedication ceremony, followed by dinner and the program.
Wear shoes for walking on grass and uneven surfaces, and your best interpretation of “garden party attire”: layers to adjust to changes in weather and in the theme of Stargazing with Contrails (Yellow, Blue, and White, aviation, galactical, planetary, etc.).
The Afterglow Party will be back at the E Lounge Patio and Visual Arts Gallery – where we have an exhibition that is really out of this world: Claire Ashley’s painted inflatable sculptures. Coffee service will be provided by On the Go Jo – so popular last year we had to have them back! Dancing to the DJ’s tunes, bar service, and mingling with friends both old and new.
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2022
Location: 1 University Parkway University Park, IL 60484
• 4:00 p.m. Registration Opens – F Entrance – Park in LOT EAST 3
• Guided tours by golf cart
• Self-guided walking tours with our free app “Otocast”
• 5:00 p.m. Enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres
• 6:00 p.m. Dedication of “Stargazing with Contrails” by Terrence Karpowicz
• 6:30 p.m. farm-to-table dinner in the Park across the lake, next to “Stargazing with Contrails”
• Afterglow Party – E Lounge Patio - drinks by the fire, DJ, dancing and mingling
• Inflatable painted sculptures by Claire Ashley will be on view in the Visual Arts Gallery
• Coffee service by “On the Go Jo”
• Slideshow “The Making of Stargazing with Contrails” in E Lounge
Governors State University’s Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park Board invites you! Invite your friends!
• $200 per person
• $1100 for a table of six
• $1500 for a table of eight (limited availability)
• Vegetarian and vegan options available upon request
• RSVP by August 30, 2022
• Sponsorship information: Laura Mannion (GSU Foundation)
• Ticket information: Jeff Stevenson
• Park in Lot East 3
• Registration is at the F Entrance - near the big yellow sculpture "Illinois Landscape, No. 5" by John Henry.
• The event will take place rain or shine.
• Please wear shoes for walking in grass, and dress in layers for changing temperatures throughout the event.
• Watch your email for updates.
About the Park
The Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park is a collection of 32 master works of large-scale sculpture situated within 100 acres of prairie landscape. The Park provides programs for adults and children, with a focus on integrating art and nature.
It is only with the support of trailblazing advocates like you, that we can continue to offer free access to this extraordinary resource, with education, acquisition, and conservation activities year-round.
Voted Best Sculpture Park 2021, USA Today, 10 Best Readers’ Choice – and remains in the top rankings for 2022!
Director and Curator, and the Advisory Board for theNate
Governors State University Foundation
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484