Thank you for your generosity!
Voted Best Sculpture Park 2021, USA Today, 10Best Readers' Choice! It is only with the support of trailblazing advocates like you, that we can continue to offer free access to this extraordinary resource, with education, acquisition and conservation activities year-round.
*All of this information should be in your inbox shortly*
4:00 p.m. registration opens with welcome beverages
Meet and Greet Artists represented in the collection
- Guided tours by golf cart
- Self-guided walking tours with our free app “Otocast”
- Screenings of “Searching for Lady Day: A Portrait in Steel” a 30-minute documentary about artist Mark di Suvero
- Enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres
- “Crowd Gate” by Rodrigo Lara Zendejas will be on view in the Visual Arts Gallery as a special tribute to 9/11
- Silent Auction featuring artwork from regional favorite artists, and other exciting items the -auction will be online and will go live a week in advance of the event, with the items on display at the event.
7:00 p.m. farm-to-table dinner in the Park
- Dedication of the new acquisition, “Stargazing with Contrails” by Terrence Karpowicz
- The debut of the commissioned musical piece by Ernest Dawkins, composed as a tribute to artist Richard Hunt
Afterglow Party drinks by the fire, music and mingling
The day also has plenty of delightful surprises planned making this an event everyone will enjoy - make sure you invite your friends, they won't want to miss it! We look forward to seeing you on September 11th.
Jeff Stevenson, Director and Curator, and the Advisory Board for theNate
- Park in Lot East 3
- Registration is at the F Entrance - near the big yellow sculpture "Illinois Landscape, No. 5" by John Henry.
- The event will take place rain or shine.
- Please wear shoes for walking in grass, and dress in layers for changing temperatures throughout the event.
- Watch your email for updates.
Covid19 protocols will be followed including: masks even for vaccinated individuals are to be worn indoors, and outdoors when within six feet of others; hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the event; social distancing and mostly outdoor (beneath a tent with air circulation)
Governors State University Foundation
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484