Health Center Phone: 708.235.2114
To schedule an appointment, Click Here
UPDATE: BEFORE your immunization appointment, visit the Immunization Records Office, located in the Registrar's Office, C-1300 and bring a copy of your immunization records.
Summer Clinic Hours:
Please note: A medical provider will see students without an appointment if space is available in the schedule.
As part of your Student Health Fees, the following services are available to enrolled students:
- Minor Illnesses: Coughs, Colds, Nausea, Ear Aches, Sinus Infections, Fevers, Urinary Tract Infections
- Minor Injuries: Abrasions, Sprains, Splinters, Steri-Strip Removal, Minor Burns
- Required immunizations for full compliance with the College Student Immunization Act [110 ILCS 20]
- Diagnostic Testing: Strep, Influenza (Flu)
- Skin Conditions: Rashes, Bites
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)/Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screenings
- Condition Consultation & Education: Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Weight Issues, High Blood Pressure, etc.
- Basic Physicals and Sports Physicals
- Women's Health Screenings
Please bring your insurance card with you to the appointment. This information will assist the Advocate staff with your care if you need a referral or if you need services beyond what is included in the student health fee. Students who are not insured or who do not have their insurance card with them on the day of service may still use the Health Center.
Meet our health care providers:
Cassandra Brooks, FNP-C
Cassandra Brooks is a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Truman State University in May 2005 and gained experience providing direct patient care as a Clinical Nurse III/Senior Nurse at Rush University Medical Center. Nurse Brooks earned her Master of Science in Nursing from Governors State University in December 2015 and now looks to bring her years of quality nursing experience back to Governors State University as a Family Nurse Practitioner with Advocate. She is affiliated with the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses, and Sigma Theta Tau International.
Angelie Purifoy, is a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA). She earned her CMA certification from Prairie State College in May 2018 and plans to pursue a degree in nursing. She looks forward to gaining experience and knowledge under the leadership of Nurse Brooks.
Important Public Health Resource Links
Important public health resource information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which is the leading national public health institute of the United States. The CDC is a United States federal agency under the Department of Health and Human Services.
Additionally, individuals concerned about sleep apnea or other sleep conditions can visit Advocate’s Sleep Medicine page for more information: https://www.advocatehealth.com/sleep