Student Accounts disseminates information relating to students' financial accounts including payment processing, account balances, fees, payment deadlines and holds.
Student Accounts comprises three areas:
- Cashier's Office
- Perkins Loans Processing
- Student Account Processing
Student Account Refunds
- Refunds are processed on a weekly basis after the 100 percent refund date. These checks are sent to you via regular mail to the address on your student record. It is your responsibility to assure that Governors State University has the correct mailing address.
- Refund checks cannot be picked up at the university.
- If you pay with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover, the refund may be credited to the same credit card that was used at the time of payment.
- If you have completed the direct deposit form in WebAdvisor or the myGSU portal, the refund amount will be direct deposited into the bank account on file. It is your responsibility to keep banking information current. If it is not current, it will delay the refund process. For more information on how to sign up for direct deposit, click here.
Online Payment Plan Forms
- We offer our students a payment plan option. To utilize this option, a $20 non-refundable payment plan charge will be assessed to your account.
- In order to be on a payment plan, you must complete and submit a payment plan form to the Cashier's Office with your initial payment by the published due date. The form that you should use is based on the date you registered for classes.
- Failure to have met prior payment plan obligations may prohibit you from entering into a payment plan with the university for future semesters.
- It is your responsibility to make payments according to the payment plan schedule. Any student account not paid by the installment due date will be subject to a $100 late fee.
*Please visit the myGSU portal to view your account balance online or to find more information pertaining to your student account.
*Please check your email through the myGSU portal. You will receive email communications pertaining to payment due dates, account balances and upcoming important events through your GSU email.