Special Admission Requirements
In addition to meeting university admission criteria, applicants must have successfully completed the following prerequisites in addition to, or in conjunction with, a baccalaureate degree:
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (9 semester-credits total) to include General Psychology (3 credits). The following courses are strongly recommended: abnormal psychology, developmental psychology or other related sociology or anthropology courses.
- Natural Sciences (16 credit-hours) to include 4 credits of general physics with lab; 8 credits of human anatomy and physiology with lab; 4 credits of general chemistry I with lab, or 4 credits of organic chemistry with lab.
- Arts or related disciplines: Expressive arts/media (3 semester-credits), for example, course work in the following areas: art, theater, music, dance, photography, computer, industrial arts, or home economics.
- Medical Terminology (1 credit)
- Orientation to Occupational Therapy (2 credits)
- Survey of Research or Statistics course (3 credits)
- Students must have a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.75 and a minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.00.
- The Graduate Record Exam is a prerequisite requirement for the MOT program.
- An essay and three letters of recommendation are required in the application process.