GSU has agreements with many area community colleges that help ensure proper transfer of courses.

Prospective undergraduate program students can view transfer information for specific institutions below:

Argosy University (due to closure 2019)

City Colleges of Chicago
College of DuPage
College of Lake County
Elgin Community College
Harper College (William Rainey)
Illinois Valley Community College
John A Logan College
John Wood Community College
Joliet Junior College
Kankakee Community College
McHenry County College
Moraine Valley Community College
Morton College
Oakton Community College
Prairie State College
South Suburban College
Triton College
Waubonsee Community College


Governors State University accepts baccalaureate and master's level credits from other regionally accredited colleges and universities on a case by case basis.


You may be able to earn college credit for previous experience and skills you have mastered outside a traditional college setting via our Prior Learning Assessment program. Learn more about PLA options -  or complete our PLA Self-Assessment to see if Prior Learning Assessment is right for you.

For transfer information/articulation agreements for program not listed above or pending, please contact the university Transfer Coordinator