In compliance with
FERPA, YOU CANNOT:
- Use the entire social security number or Student ID
number of a student in a public posting of grades. It is recommended that no
part of the SSN be used. (You CAN post grades if the student names are not in
alphabetical order, and if you use a unique identifier known only to the student
- Link the name of a student with that student's SSN
or Student ID in any public manner.
- Leave graded tests in a stack for students to pick
up by sorting through the papers of all students.
- Circulate a printed class list with student names
and SSNs or Student ID, or grades, as an attendance roster.
- Discuss the progress of a student with anyone other
than the student (including parents) without the consent of the student.
- Provide lists of students enrolled in your classes
for any commercial purpose.
- Provide student schedules or assist anyone other
than GSU employees in locating a student on campus.