The Campus Emergency Operations Plan (CEOP) outlines and describes Governors State University's approaches to emergency planning and operations. The CEOP has been developed to help Governors State University protect faculty, staff, students and visitors during an emergency/disaster situation. This plan takes an all-hazard approach to emergency management and plans for mitigation/prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery.
Emergency Management Team
The Emergency Response Team (ERT) is comprised of a cross-functional team of dedicated professionals aspiring to deliver a superior experience safe and environment for our students, colleagues, and communities. In the event of a campus emergency, the ERT works with Campus Safety and outside organizations to ensure that GSU remains a safe campus for everyone to learn, live, and work.
What We Do
- Coordinate development of emergency action plans and continuity of operations plans
- Ensure compliance with the National Incident Management System and other regulations
- Conduct and participate in training to refine emergency decision-making processes
- Offer workshops and training sessions
- Develop important internal and external partnerships within the GSU community and coordinate with outside agencies across the county and state
Emergency Volunteer Corp
The Emergency Volunteer Corp (EVC) are GSU staff who take on this role as an extra duty in addition to their regular jobs. Most work in the building they represent and are familiar with the day-to-day activities that take place in their area. Their job is to work with the Campus Safety and ERT to ensure a unified and coordinated response to during an emergency
Would you like to volunteer? Contact Randi Schneider at email@example.com.