The Student Senate represents YOU on campus. The Senate advocates for policies that benefit every student and supports more than 70 clubs and organizations that can play a big role in your college experience. Members are active on standing Governors State University committees, offering their voice on students’ behalf to the administration and the board of trustees.
Student Senate at Governors State University
The mission of the Student Senate is to promote the general welfare of GSU
students. This is accomplished through the representation of student concerns,
viewpoints and interests regarding governance issues to the administration,
staff and faculty.
Through this work, the Student
Senate will strive to improve the quality of the academic and co-curricular
experience at GSU and provide developmental opportunities for its members.
2021 - 2022 Leadership Team
Anyone interested in serving on the Student Senate please email us at email@example.com. The diversity of our leadership team will bring an array of inspiration and initiative to new student programming and/or the college-wide changes implemented by the student senate. Here is a list of senators. Congratulate them when you see them.
- PRESIDENT - Iliana Manrique
- STUDENT ATHLETE SENATOR - Edson Gonzalez
- VETERAN STUDENT SENATOR - Julia Murphy
- STUDENT BOARD OF TRUSTEES RPRESENTATIVE - Jeanine Latrice Koger
- ILLINOIS BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION REPRESENTATIVE - Brandon Kyle
- COLLEGE OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE - Garrett Anderson
- SENIOR STUDENT SENATOR - Hemza Shaibi
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SENATOR - Preetham Gorenkala
- TRANSFER STUDENT SENATOR - Sedona Smith
- FIRST YEAR STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE - Brandon Anthony Kyle
For more information about Student Senate or to reach a senator, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Senate Meetings
Student Senate is the premiere campus
organization that represents and serves the student body. Becoming a
member of Student Senate allows you to help GSU reach higher heights and deeper
depths in providing the collegiate experience every student deserves through
your leadership. Now more than ever, your leadership is needed during
this unprecedented time to serve as advocates for the student body and
Join us for our monthly meetings held in the 2nd Thursday of the month from 1pm -3pm in Engbretson Hall