Our mission is to provide exceptional, student-centered service, delivered with integrity and care, to make life easier for the GSU community.
Registrar's Office Things to Know:
- Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- The Application for Degree is available for students who will finish degree requirements in the spring 2019 semester.
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE FOR 2018-our office will be closed on the following days:
- Thursday, November 22nd and Friday, November 23rd - Thanksgiving Holiday
- Monday, December 24th Christmas Eve
- Tuesday, December 25th Christmas Day
- Thursday & Friday December 26th & 27th Winter Closure
Check this page for the class schedule, registration priority schedule and registration tutorials.
Learn More »
Transcripts are ordered online. Our office now offers secured electronic (pdf) delivery. Learn More »
Commencement is a formal ceremony celebrating the accomplishments of graduates and candidates for graduation. Read More »
Student Information Change Forms
Click here for forms to update your student information in our database.
Enrollment and Degree Verification
Governors State University uses the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment and degree verifications on behalf of the university.
Loan or insurance companies, as well as any other third party, should contact the National Student Clearinghouse directly for verification of your enrollment or degree at http://www.nslc.org/verifiers or 703.742.4200.
Using the National Student Clearinghouse is the quickest way for lenders to verify enrollment at GSU.
The GSU academic calendar is a tool to be used for planning important dates during the semester or term. It begins each year with the fall semester and contains:
- Start and end dates of a semester or term
- Holidays and breaks
- Registration deadlines
- Grading deadlines
A more detailed admitted student calendar is available in the MyGSU student portal.
FERPA deals with your rights and the release of your educational record. Read More »
Office Hours and Contact Info
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to contact us »
Mon.- Tue - Wed -Fri: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thu: 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.Learn More