Financial Literacy for GSU Students
A college education is one of the most important investments of your lifetime.
At GSU, we want to make sure that you’re on the right financial path. That starts with educating yourself on how to manage your money effectively and make smart financial decisions. The financial choices that you make now, while in college, can have an everlasting impact on your life for years to come and set you up for retirement.
Financial literacy is based upon providing individuals with sound financial knowledge and skills so that they can make informed financial decisions and take effective actions regarding their personal money management. However, the underlying message is aimed to adjust people's core attitudes and beliefs, so that a change in financial behavior can help them reach a future of financial freedom and security.
Please check out some of the below links that provide essential information to help you build for now–and the future. Please reach out to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships with any questions.
Financial Literacy Links
Check out the links below to help improve your financial literacy!
• Financial Aid Programs: StudentAid.gov provides a comprehensive list of federal grants and loans eligible to students.
• Budgeting in College: A college budget is key to managing your money and ensuring you don't overspend.
• Mapping Your Future: Tips and Tricks to help you map your future wisely.
• Money Saving Guide
• You Can Deal With It: Offers tools to help you successfully manage financial decisions. This site provides information about money management; student loan repayment options, budgeting, and the benefits and dangers of credit cards.
• It’s My Money!: MyMoney.gov provides sustained financial well-being for all individuals and families in the U.S.
Money Management Calculators
Skill Building Resources
Smart Money Links