Federal Work-Study is a program for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students with financial need. It is a way to gain good work experience along with financial support for your education.
In the Federal Work-Study program it is your responsibility to find a job on campus. Students are placed in jobs on first come, first hired basis. Your FWS salary will be at least minimum wage, but may be higher depending on the position and the skills required. More information about the Federal Work-Study program can be found on the Federal Student Aid website.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) Steps:
- You must be awarded FWS. To accept FWS, please go to myGSU financial aid awards and select accept.
- Visit Jobs for Jaguars Powered by Handshake to complete a profile and search for on and off campus jobs:
- Schedule an interview.
- If hired, Department Supervisor will give you a Student Employment Job Referral and must be given to the FWS Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office.
- The FWS Coordinator will complete a Student Contract and submit to HR.
- Student must meet with HR to complete required paperwork.